I have been busy making an online knitting chart maker. It is very much in its infancy at the moment, but I have got to a stage where I can show it to you to see what you think.
At the moment the features are:
- Selection of Barbara Walker symbols
- Select symbol from list and click on squares where you want that symbol
- Drag mouse to create a whole line of the same symbol
- Tally at the end of each line tells you whether the stitch count is up or down on the basic number - so you can match up your k2togs with yos to maintain the basic number easily.
- Mirror function - design the right half of the design on the center line and click on the Mirror button to have it automatically fill in the left hand side.
- Odd rows numbered from right to left, even from left to right to reflect direction of working.
- Clear button clears the whole grid.
- You need to have Java enabled in your browser as it is a Java applet.
Still to come:
- Open and Save functions.
- Loads more symbols.
- Adjustable grid size and width/height stitch ratio
- Short cut keys for common symbols that when used will fill the grid in the direction of working.
- Colour graphs.
- Other things as I think of them.
- Other things as you think of them.
I will be updating it regularly as I introduce more stuff so please visit often to see what's new, try it out and tell me what you think, - what needs adding, improving, removing etc.