We went to see 'Bee Movie' today - the one written and starring Jerry Seinfeld. And as usual I have a couple of points to make about it, without giving anything away:
- When they anthropomorphise insects, at what point do they dispense with the third pair of legs? Is it even a conscious decision? Or are the animators busy drawing away for several months before one of them wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking Oh crap - didn't they say something about insects having six legs in biology class as school and wondering if it's too late to go back and put the extra ones in? Are we supposed not to notice and stop fretting about it throughout the movie.
- I think there is a major misunderstanding about what pollen actually does - again perhaps they should have paid closer attention in biology!
Despite these things - and the bit I missed when I fell asleep not withstanding - it was a fun movie!
Talking about falling asleep whilst watching stuff my days since starting work have been basically as follows:
- Get up at 6.30 and get Edward up and off to school.
- Have shower, breakfast, and coffee and make lunch
- Drive to work
- Drive home
- Take dog for walk
- Get and eat dinner
- Sit down to do some knitting and watch TV
- Reallise can't concentrate on the knitting and put it down
- *Snuggle up with dog to watch TV, but fall asleep and wake up during the commercial break
- Rewind the program to where I last remember seeing it.
- Repeat from * until I have actually managed to stay awake through the program or Gary gets fed up seeing the same bit over and over
- Go to bed.
But I am really enjoying work so I am not complaining - just still waiting for it to become my new 'normal'.
Yesterday I bought some Patons SWS - a vareigated, worsted weight, wool and soy mix in a combination of all my favourite colours. I wasn't sure exactly what to make but a vest/waistcoat has been on my mind. Then later on I saw a cardigan in Target with really lovely and interesting cables on it. I nearly bought the cardigan as it was a very nice purple, but decided I should use a similar pattern on my waistcoat instead. I started swatching last night, but realised I couldn't concentrate on it and ... you can guess how the rest of the evening went!