As usual for this time of year I have been thinking about what I want to achieve this year, and I actually have plans! Here is a list:
- It will be the year of the house - we really need to remodel our bathroom and sort out the basement at the very least.
- On the creative front I want to release a new version of my chartmaker - it has been almost ready for far too long, join in and complete the various events we have going on Crafty Threads 'n' Yarns including a Year Long Quilt-along and our new Sock Yarn Challenge, as well as some of the swaps we are organising each month. I also want to knit some stuff for me and learn how to spin, and go back to Tuesday night SnB meetings for fun, inspiration and the company of some great grrls.
- Inevitably I want to get fitter and reverse a worrying trend that may see me in pants another size larger by the end of the year if I'm not careful. Chocolate must go! And I must find more time for the gym.
- I want to read more. I am setting myself a goal of reading an Idiot's Guide to ... or ... For Dummies book each month on a topic that I wouldn't normally be interested in but that will improve my lifestyle, outlook on life, or give me a new skill.
- I want to cook more interesting and healthier meals - my friend Anita gave me Jamie Oliver's Cook Wityh Jamie and there are some delicious recipes in there so it will be a good starting point.
- I would like to be more generally organised around the house and be tidier!
- The comment from Heather on my Christmas post about my karma maybe straddling a line made me think that maybe I could improve it by being kinder to others. I can start by doing my PIF projects as soon as I can. And we have got ourselves into a horrible habit of buying 10 bars of chocolate for $10 each week - this special has been going on for at least 2 years and we fall for it every time. I will save the $10 each week and donate it to a charity or charities during the year which will also mean I won't be eating the chocolate as per number 3 above.
- I intend to make my blog more interesting, by having a competition now and again with some nice prizes.
- I would like to be greener, so I think one of my number 4 books will be on that subject. I would also like to be more aware of 'fair trade' companies and products and make more informed choices when I buy anything.
- I hope we get our green cards this year and we will be able to visit all our friends and family in England and maybe even our apartment in Menorca that I miss a lot.
I think I am going to be very busy this year!
I wish you all the best of luck with whatever you have planned for 2008!